Anyone can book an appointment directly with Mackenzie Social Work Services.
Referrals and rebates
If deemed eligible by your treating health professional, you or your child may be able to access Medicare rebates:
Mental Health Care Plan: up to 10 therapy sessions per calendar year. The rebate for each session is currently $75.95.
Chronic Disease Management: up to 5 therapy sessions per calendar year. The rebate for each session is currently $52.95.
To receive a Medicare rebate when seeing Mackenzie Social Work Services:
1. See your treating health professional for an appointment to discuss any mental health concerns (GP, paediatrician or psychiatrist);
2. The treating health professional can develop a Mental Health Care Plan and provide you options of which therapists you could see;
3. Choose Mackenzie Social Work Services and let your treating health professional know so they can complete the referral letter; and
4. Bring your referral letter and Mental Health Care Plan with you to the first appointment with Mackenzie Social Work Services.
If you have private health insurance you may be eligible for rebates, check with your insurance provider for more information.
Fees and charges
Please contact us for current fees and charges as fees may vary. The following information is if you have a valid Mental Health Care Plan:
Therapy Session - 50 minutes
- $190.00 Medicare fee: If Medicare rebate applies, the rebate back to you is $75.95.
- $213.39 NDIS fee*: If you are Self or Plan Managed as we are not a registered NDIS Provider.
Privately funded Session - 50 minutes
- $190 and no referral needed
Clinical Supervision Session - 60 minutes
- $190 for AMHSW or Clinical Social Worker
NDIS Reports, Letters and Assessments
- Report fees vary, please contact us
- Letter fee is 1hr standard therapy fee
- Assessment fees vary, please contact us
Consultancy and Training
- Fees vary, please contact us
- Half-day and full-day training options
- $0.78c per kilometre
- No fee with 24hrs or more cancellation notice prior to the scheduled appointment. Please note the scheduled fee will be charged in full with non-attendance or less than 24hrs cancellation notice
*If you receive services funded by the NDIS, please note, as per the announcement from NDIS https://www.ndis.gov.au/news/4676-covid-19-updates, I charge $213.39 (15_056_0128_1_3) per session for the temporary period as stated in the NDIS Price Catalogue.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
I am not a registered NDIS provider but I can provide therapy if you are self-managed or plan-managed. In alignment with the NDIS Price Catalogue, the fee is $190 per 50mins.
Other NDIS-related work requested such as reports, review letters and travel is charged separately and discussed with you, your Coordinator of Support or your Plan Manager.
We are a registered provider for the following programs:
Victims of Crime (pending)
Department of Veterans Affairs (OpenArms)
Pregnancy Support Counselling
National Disability Insurance Scheme
Workers Compensation (SIRA No. 18190)
Out of Home Care assessments and therapy
Teachers/University Health Fund
Nurses and Midwives Health Fund
Access Employee Assistance Program (EAP)